Document-under-review name display in Assignment SpeedGrader

AD20
Community Member

Not sure if this is something being addressed in New Quizzes (my institution does not have them enabled) but I am running into a serious time-wastage issue in reviewing Assignment submissions that contain multiple documents.

Namely, when students are allowed to submit multiple documents such as images directly from their phone cameras, the documents have random titles, all displayed in a list on the right side of SpeedGrader window. As such, I am not able to discern the content of each image based on the image document title. 

As I move through this list of documents in the reviewer on the right side, there is no way currently to keep track of which document in that list I am actually reviewing, i.e. I am unable, once I review the particular document, to easily the discern which document comes next. I am left with somewhat randomly clicking through the list to find which document was the one I just reviewed, and so that I can click on the next one on the list. Huge time (and patience)-eater.

Does anyone have a way to deal with this in Classic quizzes as they are set up now? 

Also, do you know if this is addressed in New Quizzes, as in, for example, the name of the file being reviewed being somehow highlighted and the place where the grade is in the list of documents clearly visible?

See attached a screenshot of the type of list I am referring to.

0 Likes