cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kingkr
Community Participant

Does anyone else lose the video links in your pages?

Jump to solution

I've built content pages with video links.   Some days the links are visible and active.  Other times I'm logged in, the links are completely missing.  as in BLANK PAGE.  

What might be causing this?  Has anyone else experienced this and found a consistent solution? 

I taught from these pages on Friday and today (Monday) there are no videos. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the additional information  @kingkr   I just checked in a few of my classes where I have links to videos and inserted a new one from YouTube and everything in my classes seems to work as expected (I use Chrome).  This probably isn't surprising if it only occurs for you sometimes and not others as well.  

Hopefully someone here has experienced a similar issue and has some insight into what may be happening.  Contacting Support is not a bad idea though.  If you do touch bases with Support and you learn what may be happening, please let us know!

All the best---

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kingkr  just a few quick questions.  First, are you using one of the supported browser versions (see Which browsers does Canvas support?).  I know that with sometimes unsupported browsers work better than other times.  Second, were these videos created in Canvas, links to videos in something like YouTube/Vimeo, or videos stored in a third-party video services (Studio, Panopto, Kaltura, etc.)? Lastly, when you say the page is blank, is the entire page blank or is it just blank where the video links would be?

Thanks for the additional information!

kingkr
Community Participant

I used the "video link" in the "editor" to link to youtube videos.  I have tried with both chrome and edge browsers.

The content of the pages was simply the video links, no other text, and they are missing.  Even when I open up the "editor" there is no sign of the content.  The page name, heading is there... just no content. 

I have had this happen before, but then mysteriously, the links show after a few minutes.   

kingkr
Community Participant

to clarify, it's the "insert/edit media" button I used to embed the video.  

330994_pastedImage_1.png

above is what the "editor" view looks like.  There should be three videos embedded. 

Thanks for the additional information  @kingkr   I just checked in a few of my classes where I have links to videos and inserted a new one from YouTube and everything in my classes seems to work as expected (I use Chrome).  This probably isn't surprising if it only occurs for you sometimes and not others as well.  

Hopefully someone here has experienced a similar issue and has some insight into what may be happening.  Contacting Support is not a bad idea though.  If you do touch bases with Support and you learn what may be happening, please let us know!

All the best---

View solution in original post

0 Kudos