Download csv of all total student interactions (rather than manually by student)

Jump to solution
HilaryColeman
Community Member

Hi! I'm investigating online student behaviour in a number of units at my university. 

I love that I can download a csv file of Weekly Online Activity which shows overall student engagement in resources. However, this information is generic - e.g. X number of unidentified students accessed resource Y. I can also see that if I go to the People area and look at individual students, that it is possible to see the specific data for individual students and all of this data *must* be known in order to generate the course level generic data. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to download a csv with all individual student data compiled.

Is this a feature that I've simply missed? Or, if not, are there plans to introduce it? (It is frustrating knowing that the data has been collected but that the only way to access it is through manual copying of data one student at a time - not feasible for a 470 student unit!).

Thank you!

Hilary

0 Likes
1 Solution
paul_fynn
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @HilaryColeman 

There are several options that you could try:- 

The Course Activity Report is in the final tab after weekly online activity and provides a list of daily user interactions in course resources, where each report entry captures a summary of user views and participations. Report data are up to 40 hours delayed, account time zone is applied to facilitate daily views and participation aggregates. Calendar filter only accommodates for 14 days in the past.

Sub Account > Settings > User Course Access Log will give you detailed interaction logs at individual student log across the account or sub account but holds a limited of around a month's data. If you are doing longtitudinal work you would need to run and capture it for a regular date.

Admin Analytics holds more detail (potentially for longer) but isn;t yet interrogatable, as far as I can make out.

If you have a developer to hand you may be able to find an API call that would allow you to pull the data.

Does any of that help?

View solution in original post

0 Likes