Error: That page has been disabled for this course

Jump to solution
JMH05
Community Explorer

Hello!

I created several courses using the same basic template and they've been used by dozens of students in the last few months.

Yesterday, I was informed that a student is unable to download documents (PDFs and PowerPoints).  The documents are saved and linked to in the File section.  When a students selects the link, a new tab is opened showing the Homepage and the Error message "That page has been disabled for this course" appears.

I was able to reproduce the error by viewing the course in Student View.

Please let me know if you've encountered this issue and how you fixed it.

Thanks very much!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

It is possible I misread and thought that links in the course pages TOOK students to the Files page. Would you mind trying something else? Are you adding the documents to the page through the Document Insert menu option or opening in the files menu and getting the link from there? On one of the pages in question, can the student click on the item to expand it within the page so it can be viewed without downloading?

I'm wondering if the later option works in particular. When students click on links that lead to documents in the Files for the course, it expands to show a preview (with a small link at the top to Minimize File Preview

What browser are you using and have you tried using another browser?

View solution in original post

0 Likes