Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I’m investigating the expanded use of Canvas here at my university.  This question deals with the ability for an instructor to add a student to a class on the fly.Situation explained.  The university operates both didactic classroom courses and clini...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think I already know the answer to this question but I thought I would double-check. Per the Canvas guides, in order to award students full credit for a question in New Quizzes, you have to go into Speedgrader, then go into an individual student's ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor with a 'learning to learn' student learning objective.  I want to use the New Analytics student activity reports to show students their opportunity to learn more effectively by engaging in key content (pages) earlier (right after a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've received an extension on medical grounds but feel as though one extra day would make a huge difference for editing and submitting as the time I was granted extra was also spent catching up on work outside of uni. Will I receive an immediate fail...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I requested access to a Ventures Basic shell course on Canvas. I was promptly given access to Ventures Basic Units 1-5, as well as all of Ventures Levels 1-4 and Transitions, but I am missing Units 6-10 of Ventures Basic. I am working on Unit 9...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,New canvas admin here and I'm trying make sure I fully understand the Term end dates and what happens when those dates are reached.  I know that typically the course becomes concluded and goes into a read-only state on the Term End date.Our ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an instructor and looking at the instructor view in Canvas Gradebook, What is the meaning of the red dot icon in the upper left corner of the grade book columns? It appeared for the first time yesterday in some Discussion Board columns.Thank you

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

As someone who has provided substantial support to novice Canvas users at my institution, in this forum, and on Facebook, I can attest that one of major design flaws of Canvas is hiding very important Announcement, Discussion, and Grading settings in...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When you have multiple assignment groups that are unweighted ("Weight final grade based on assignment groups" is toggled off), how does that functionally work with the total grade? I'm guessing it's one of two options:1. The assignment groups are jus...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Cengage I can’t load the new chapter I need it’s only going up to unit 15 I need to go beyond that now

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can the questions in a question bank be filtered by question type? I'm looking at a question bank that was imported from Blackboard, and I can't see a way to do this. In fact I can't find a way to determine what an item's question type is without sim...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Community,I have a question for you regarding the best practices used in managing Canvas Sub-accounts in a way to best integrate SIS systems.We use Jenzabar Sonis as our main SIS system. We would like to integrate it with Canvas to automatically c...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am reposting this issue because my initial post has been closed and marked solved.This issue has not been solved and remains a big problem. --------------------------------------------------------------------There has been a change in how "unread" ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If a video link in posted in Canvas, is it possible to track which students watch the video?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a course that I am blueprinting. One of the courses that are synced to that course needs to be modified slightly for virtual use. Basically, I have a master course that I am syncing to a seated version and a virtual version. I need to be ab...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've been using New Analytics every week for the past 2 years without issue, now we are receiving an error message stating "Sorry, this course is too large to be loaded"

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm creating audio and visual conference material using BBB and I want to use them as listening (audio) and watching (visual) assets on my Canvas pages.Is it possible to download or link the conference material to use on a Canvas page?Thanks 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all,By default, the "adjust events and due dates" box is not checked when importing content in Canvas at our school. As an admin, is there a way to globally switch this on? It is messing with our integrated analytics. I dug through the settings...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to make a global change to the role an individual has within all Canvas courses? We have an individual who gets assigned the role of TA when courses are set-up from our SIS. I need that person to be assigned to a different role. I'm wo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to setup the Redirect tool so a link it shows up as an option to add via the navigation tab in settings versus it being added to the course nav by default?We want to have a link available for faculty to add to their navs at a point in ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once my course has started, and my course home page is published, can I change it in the middle of the course?  For example, maybe i want to start with the basic home page, but after the first few weeks, I want to change the home page to be one of th...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a teacher who cannot get the assignments in Google Drive to load. I have watched her go through the steps and she is doing this correctly. Using assignments, external tool and the correct Google Drive integration. However when students go to a...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have used Canvas with Skyward for several years, but I cannot figure out why a few assignments are not syncing to Skyward.  I also tried searching guides....How does one fix a problem with the 22753 code? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I notice that in https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/submissions.html#method.submissions_api.update, there is only one field "submission[posted_grade]" that can be used to grade a submission. However, it will make grade posted, while I do want to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When one of our teachers attempted to crosslist a class (B) with the parent class A, everything in B disappeared: teachers, students, etc. There is also no longer a button to crosslist or un-crosslist, the button to add People (students) is greyed ou...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When creating a new Canvas Page the default font size is set at 20 pixels. Default heading level sizes are also set in pixels. Yet, when changing the size of text the only options are points. This is aggravating because it causes extra work in order ...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When will Canvas create an indicator in the grade book that will let teachers know they made a comment on a student's assignment. For instance, I made a comment on an assignment but when I look at the grade book later all I see are cells with numbers...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm having trouble logging into the live class regularly. when I click on the classes link its supposed to show a list of things including the link to the live class but it shows a blank box. I had to log into class by clicking on the history link an...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently required that students have a passing grade on "Assignment 1" in order to unlock "Module 2", which contained "Assignment 2". To do that, I set the completion requirements for Module 1 to be a passing score on Assignment 1. And then complet...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies