Errors Using External Tool

Jump to solution
JenniferCrawfor
Community Novice

Tried using Microsoft One Drive External Tool for the first time today, since other options for students turning in work has not been successful.  In the morning, students were able to open the document, type in the document, refresh and submit without problem.  By the afternoon submissions started failing, and with my last class, students were not even able to open the document.  Instead they received this error message:  

Requested value 'TenantIdsToBypassSharepoint403ExceptionInUserInit' was not found.

Please help.  Without students being able to submit work, Canvas does not work for me. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @JenniferCrawfor ...

It sounds like you want to provide a document for your students to edit/annotate and then return to you for an assignment in your course, correct?  If so, you don't necessarily have to use the external LTI tool Microsoft Office 365 for this...as Canvas has their own tool that allows for similar functionality.

How do I create an online assignment? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Refer to the section on "Select Online Entry Options" about half-way down the page of the above linked document.  There is a check-box for "Student Annotation" which may work for your needs.

Hope this will help a bit.  Keep us posted here in the Community...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes