Essay question text box not available to a student

Jump to solution
GRE6
Community Explorer

A student of mine just took a test in which the essay-type questions didn't make a text box available. The multiple choice questions worked fine, but she couldn't enter anything for the questions that required written answers. No other students had this problem. She (and all of the other students) were using Honorlock. There were also some problems with this student's Honorlock session, but I don't see how that would be related.

The attached screenshot shows a question that should have had an essay text box.

The student was using Chrome on a PC. Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Hello @GRE6

It is likely their internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

View solution in original post

Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@GRE6 -

I am not sure if anyone knows the answer to your question; however, it has been shown that for whatever reason doing what @greydon suggested makes abnormal occurrences go away.  I have never experienced something that would require the clearing of all the data, but that is because I clean all of that everytime I close a browser completely. 

View solution in original post