Generating a list of former/ removed students

Jump to solution
RGPToronto
Community Member

Hello, 

I am wondering if I can pull a list of "former" learners or students. Our course is not a typical semestered course but a drop-in publicly available set of modules. We give learners 4 weeks to complete the module and then they are removed to make room for more students. 

Now I'm wondering if I can generate a list of all the learners who have registered/ completed modules and have subsequently been removed. 

Thank you, 

Alex

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @RGPToronto 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. It sounds like you do have an abnormal course for students. Is it self sign up or is the school/institution enrolling these students directly? If none of the students show in prior then they are all still active likely. You can conclude students or mark them as inactive by going to their specific  user page within the course. However, if you have many students, you won't want to do this manually. You can export a list of the students from the gradebook directly, but again if they are all active it isn't going to show you who "completed" the course. There are variables here that could change the outcome, but it sounds like you'll want to run an enrollment provisioning report. You need admin permissions to do this and it is fairly simply. It's basically admin page - settings - reports - provisioning - enrollments. 

Here is the Canvas guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-view-reports-for-an-account/ta-p/109 

View solution in original post