Google Assignments: Couldn't Find Valid Settings for this Link

Jump to solution
MrReed
Community Participant

I have had a few teachers receive strange errors with a Google Assignments LTI 1.3 assignment.

The assignment is created successfully.  Later, when the teacher clicks on the assignments in their module, they receive an error message (Couldn't Find Valid Settings for this Link) and their course homepage loads instead.

Some of the assignments included an embedded Google file in the rich text editor...and that prensentation's link was somehow listed in the External Tool box (under submission type).

I cannot replicate this error or fix it.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Any clue on causes or solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
count_basi
Community Member

I just had a teacher show this to me. To solve the problem, I had them choose "Select" when the External Tool selection screen shows up the second time, instead of closing it by clicking on the x. That fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

nwilson7
Community Champion

@MrReed I had the exact same issue working with a professor and we also had an embedded Google file in the description.  That must be the common piece.  I recreated the assignment and it seems to be working.

-Nick

View solution in original post

0 Likes