Google Doc Locks

Jump to solution
mary-ashleyprot
Community Novice

How do I lock a google doc so that a student can answer on it without changing it?

If Student A answers on the google doc will the other students see their answers or just me?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @mary-ashleyprot ...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here unanswered for almost a month.  It sounds like you would want to use a Google Cloud assignment for your scenario.  However, you'll first want to talk with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if they have installed the Google Apps LTI external app integration with your school's Canvas environment.  Once that LTI has been configured, you would then be able to use the directions in this Guide: How do I create a cloud assignment with a Google Drive file?  As the Guide suggests, the document that you provide to your students from your Google account remains intact, and students sign in to their own Google account within Canvas, and it creates a copy of that document in their own account (your document remains untouched) which they can edit as needed and then submit to you.  Student A will not see the answers provided by Student B, C, D, etc.  Only you will see those answers in the SpeedGrader.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Ashley.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this.  Be well...stay safe.

View solution in original post