Google LTI problem - unable to access shared folders in Drive through Canvas

Jump to solution
matzker
Community Member

Whenever I access my Google Drive through Canvas, the only folders that appear are those I created myself. I do not see the Shortcuts to folders that were Shared With Me. This is a problem, because those contain documents I might want to add to a module using the External Tool function. The issue arose because I am team-teaching with another instructor, but since he created the Google Drive folder we use, he is the only one who can see that folder in Canvas and upload from it.

I don't know if this is a Google problem or a Canvas problem, but it is really inconvenient. Would love some help or advice for a workaround.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @matzker!

That question is a little tricky, it depends on what LTI you are using, the one by Canvas or the one by Google. You might want to reach out to your administrators to determine which it is. If it's Google, of course you will want to reach out to their support. If it's the tool by Canvas then you can always start with Canvas Support.

I am going to attach a document that contains some trouble shooting steps for Google Drive integrations that I typically have success with. Try those steps out and let me know if they work!

View solution in original post