Google Sites as an assignment

Jump to solution
TaraCooley
Community Novice

I have created a portfolio template that I want my students to use in google sites. When I create a course kit to assign it to them so they have their own copy of the site, the site does not show up on their end. It shows that it was assigned and that each student will get a copy of the file, but they do not see the file on their end. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeatherMathis
Community Participant

Hi Tara, 

I don't think the issue with this is Canvas - it's Google. The new Google Sites requires you to be an owner/editor of the site to make a copy. Therefore, as the instructor you have one of two options:

1. Give the students access to the Site. Post clear directions that they are NOT to edit it and they must first go to the top-right and select Make a copy
  2. Name your original Site the Master. You personally make the copies (one per group). You give edit access to each site to each group. You post an a Canvas Assignment that details all of the directions. What's great about this option is you now have access to the sites if you need them. 

Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes