Degraded AWS performance is currently impacting some NAm Canvas users: check Canvas Status for updates.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kknox1
Community Member

Gradebook Questions

Jump to solution

How do I create a column in the gradebook? How do I edit the calculations in the total column?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hi  @kknox1 ,

You can't edit the calculations in the total column since it's a total score off all the scores the students has gotten on everything they have turned in.  You can customize the column How do I use the Total column in the Gradebook?

The ability to add columns is currently not available but you can add a notes column How do I use the Total column in the Gradebook?

@evanp ‌ did a blog post New Gradebook? What's New?‌ that is very informative.

Have a great day.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hi  @kknox1 ,

You can't edit the calculations in the total column since it's a total score off all the scores the students has gotten on everything they have turned in.  You can customize the column How do I use the Total column in the Gradebook?

The ability to add columns is currently not available but you can add a notes column How do I use the Total column in the Gradebook?

@evanp ‌ did a blog post New Gradebook? What's New?‌ that is very informative.

Have a great day.

View solution in original post

kknox1
Community Member

Thanks for the help!!

Ken

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 10:17 AM Yaddira Balderrama-Smalls <

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kknox1 ...

While ysmalls has provided you with some great help, I wanted to clarify that adding a graded assignment, discussion, or quiz would add an additional column in your Gradebook.  You cannot add these items directly from within your Gradebook, so you'd have to go to the "Assignments", "Discussions", or "Quizzes" index pages in your course to add them as graded assignments, and then they would appear as columns in your Gradebook.  I hope this extra bit of information will be of help to you, Ken.

kknox1
Community Member

Thanks Chris! I appreciate the help.

Ken

On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 2:32 PM chofer@morainepark.edu <