Grades Save, yet Yellow Dots Remain?

Jump to solution
agdeyoe
Community Explorer

Hello!

I am a tech coach/Canvas admin here. I am working with a teacher who is reporting a weird glitch and wanted to know if it was anything we can fix on our end, or if it's an issue with Canvas. Has anyone else encountered this issue before? The teacher report states:

• This is an issue I brought up before, wondering if there is something canvas can do about it. In speed grader you have to hit update 2-4 times before the grade registers in the box on the right. While hitting it once will have it show up in the grading section, it keeps the yellow (needs to be graded) dot next to the kids name unless you hit it repeatedly. This is getting quite time consuming and frustrating. Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

@agdeyoe -

Thanks for the information.  That view is for a New quiz.  and It looks like the quiz might be complete/incomplete grading - that could be useful to know.

I use classic quizzes, so I had one I could easily check and when I hit submit the grade changes.  Of course that may be due to a script by james that I have running to help with grading classic quizzes quicker(I did not use that feature3, but if the script is running it may be doing somethings that aren't normally done and therefore I see the grade update).

I'll try out a classic quiz and see what results I get.

Ron

Edit -

I put an essay question into a New quiz and a Multiple choice question.  The essay was set up as complete/incomplete.  I select either the check or the x and click update.  It takes about 1 second of waiting, but the score did update and I got the graded check next to the student name.  Not sure if that helps any, but I do not see the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes