LeticiaTucker-M
Community Member

I created groups for students to choose their group, but the group tab is not showing up for them to choose. Did I miss something? 

2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@LeticiaTucker-M ...

Just to be sure...first you have to create the Group Set.  This could be the same name as an assignment in your course.  Then, within the Group Set, you create the groups for that Group Set.  For example, you could have four groups: Green Team, Red Team, Blue Team, Yellow Team.  You can assign students to these groups or allow them to sign up/choose their own group.  You could create another Group Set with a different name...make groups for that Group Set, and assign your students in completely different ways in those groups than you did with the first Group Set groups.

Here is a Guide for students:

Does this help to answer your question?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
alunsfor
Community Coach
Community Coach

I created a group that allowed the students to join, but what I noticed is that I had to go into the course navigation and move the people tab up for for the students to see.  Once I did that, I was able to go in as the student and sign up for the group.  After I signed up for the group then the group icon appeared in my global navigation.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post