Hard "due date" for eBook graded extra credit while material remains available longer

vanvleck
Community Participant
I have a question/problem related to due/available dates and access to materials course materials.

I have already consulted the Canvas community resources (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/What-is-the-difference-between-assignment-due-da...). I have the question in with my IT support and with the publisher (where it has been "escalated").

My situation:
  • I am using a graded eBook integration (WW Norton Illumine eBook).
  • I want to strongly nudge students to read the book with the embedded chapter learning prompts (graded for extra credit) before the last minute.
  • The due date for "extra credit" happens before homework is due and the chapter finished.
  • BUT I don't want students' access to the book material to be prematurely locked when they may need to refer to it for homework and a later unit test.
    • That is: proof of reading ("extra credit") is due on Wednesdays, but the homework will be due Sundays. And the unit exams are up to a couple weeks later even.

My previous experience has been that "due date" is a rather porous concept unless the "until" availability is set.

Help?

Thank you.  VaNee
Labels (1)
0 Likes