Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Our focus during the Canvas roll-out for the past few years has been on supporting the academic courses on Canvas. Enrolment and course creation is managed via SIS import.  We are now receiving more and more requests to use Canvas for non-academic co...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,  I have multiple courses with assignments that have a mixture of point and complete/incomplete grades. I want to set-up assignment group weights as exams are weighted not point-based per our department's policy.  The weights in our Canvas vers...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

im currently enrolled in a univ in the Philippines and i have to move to Dubai next month. i was wondering if my canvas acc is still accessible even if im in dubai

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As a Canvas admin at my school, I have been asked if there is anyway to prevent our instructors from accessing past courses so that they cannot import/copy them.  We did test the Conclude option but that doesn't prevent them from importing/copying fr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2021 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a registration page for a course and the course start date is showing as the date I created the registration page, not as the actual course start date. The course site shows the correct start date and the Course Details tab also has the rig...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I wonder, what is the difference between final score and assessment score in speedgrader? I have made I quiz and the final score and assessment score shows different things for some of the students? What is wrong?    

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We're currently using the Intelligent Learning Platform / Banner to pass back final grades.  In courses without manual sections it is working however we encountered an issue with courses that have manual sections created (for accommodations).  These ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm new to Canvas, and thought I had created a link in Google Docs, then copied the link to the URL field, and tried to submit the assignment.  After several tries, I still keep getting the "Assignment Failed to Load" memo.  Help, please! Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher and have my own child who has CANVAS classes.  How can I use the same teacher account and access/be an observer in my kid's stuff?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am part of a discussion. I have read all the replies that I can see, but on List View, the discussion still shows a blue dot, indicating that there are unread messages. When I click on the discussion, I can see 14/14 read messages. However, when I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I like the word bank option in new quizzes fill in the blank questions, and I think it could work well to replace some drag-and-drop matching questions I originally created in Moodle, but I am running into a problem. For each blank in a multi-blank q...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hello,  My files transferred to canvas from blackboard are in html. KI am having difficulty editing these files without losing the graphics etc embedded in the files. What is the preferred way of editing html files for use in Canvas that does not los...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How does Canvas keep track of student activity? How do I know when and how long a participant enters the platform? What is the function of Dropout Detective?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The updated version has a RETRY option on Text Box Entry submissions. Can student submit multiple Text Box Entries on the SAME assignment, or must all response text be in the first an ONLY submission? It appears the RETRY overwrites the previous. Is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to see where a specific file is used/linked in my course. How do I go about it? I can find files in the search function in the files view. It doesn't tell me where they are used. It would also be helpful if it would show in which folder ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm one of my high school's Canvas Admins trying to help a math teacher. In her hybrid classroom, she would like to allow in-person students the option of submitting their assignments in physical from, rather than uploading them digitally.  Ea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am totally confused. Where do I find my professors drop box???

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to assign my students work on Sign School. I've added the app to Canvas, but I can't figure out what to do next. Can anyone help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I opened Canvas today, I noticed everything was in Comic Sans! How do I get rid of this? It appears when I go into a course, but not in my dashboard when I can see all of my courses. Comic Sans is very hard for my eyes and I know my students dis...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there any way to cancel a pending Grade Sync? For some reason, one of my courses has been showing this message for over 3 hours this morning while my other courses synced within minutes: 2/2 - Monitor Grade SyncScheduled  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am curious as to why the picture does not copy over? I see a "U" when it copies over. Does it simply mean no one has viewed it yet?      

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When syncing grades from Canvas to Skyward the assignments sync, but the students grades do not.  I receive the following error message: Assignment 11069.218163 was not found. Again the assignments are displayed in skyward correctly, but the students...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi Everyone, After doing some initial research on this I believe this is a Canvas question, but feel free to let me know if this is better suited for Microsoft. We have the Class Notebook integration activated in our Canvas instance. For the majority...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible (current or future) to have Canvas/SIS (Aspire) integration allow for a missing in the Canvas Gradebook to sync to SIS as an M (counts as a zero), but shows on the student homepage as a missing? Teacher/Tech Coach

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, How can we set up new quizzes whereby users who get a question or two wrong, can go back and answer ONLY those questions they got wrong, rather than the entire quizzes again.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, We used to be able to download the recorded conferences, but now it won't let us download.  The last download we did there was no audio too. Even opening the recording on another browser audio is gone.  Did anything change?   Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good afternoon! We are having a bit of an issue with the "Add Entire Class" function with Microsoft Teams.  Students can be added individually to a Teams meeting (the courses have been synced with MS Teams). After selecting the "Add Entire Class" opt...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have a course where Canvas is absolutely refusing to pass grades to IC for specific students. These students were added to the course after the due date of 3 assignments. The assignments are assigned to "Everyone," but I think the problem is that t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a TA for several classes, alongside taking some as a student. My canvas To Do sidebar is constantly overrun with notifications to grade assignments which push actual class assignments out of view. They can of course be hidden, but as soon as ano...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies