Help Icon Location/Design

Jump to solution
mark-f
Community Explorer

Maybe this seems a bit petty, but because this could be resolved rather easily, I don't see why I shouldn't request this.

Oddly, the "?" Help icon appears in perhaps the absolute worst spot possible on PCs. To be honest, this is quite troublesome when trying to submit points or comments to students who have turned in work online. The "?" Help icon appears directly over the 'submit' icon, so I have inadvertently opened up the Help page on numerous occasions when only wanting to submit points or a comment to students, which is annoying.

Why not relocate it to the lower lefthand corner? This location is clear of other icons, so it would be perfect.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mark-f ...

I'm guessing that you are using the Free For Teachers version of Canvas, and that you are seeing the round orange icon with the question mark at the bottom right corner of the screen?  That is the Impact help interface (if you open it up, there's wording on the bottom that says something like "Impact by Instructure").  This is a product that was acquired by Instructure (the folks that make Canvas) last year.  The former name of Impact was EesySoft.  I'm not sure if there are plans to move that icon, but I know that other people have expressed concerns similar to yours about the placement of this icon.  Here are two other conversations about the same thing:

I know this might not be a solution to your question, but I hope that it helps to provide some insights on it.  Keep us posted.

View solution in original post

0 Likes