Home vs. Modules

Jump to solution
LauraPerault
Community Member

Why does the Home Section and Modules Section have the same content in them?

Should I leave all the content in the Module section and delete the other content from the Home section?

This seems to be redundant.

Thanks for your help or suggestions.

3 Solutions
NoahBoswell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @LauraPerault ,

The reason why your home page and your modules section are the same is because that is how your home page is set. Do not delete anything from your modules, as it will be deleted from both the home page and your main modules page.

If you're interested in changing the home page so it doesn't display modules, open your course and on the right hand side you should see a choose home page button. Click that, and select your new home page.

Reach out with any questions! Thanks!

Noah

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@LauraPerault ...

To piggyback on the information that @SusanNiemeyer and @NoahBoswell have given you, here is a Guide with additional information:

How do I change the Course Home Page? - Instructure Community - 1035 (canvaslms.com)

I hope it will also help!

Hildi_Pardo
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @LauraPerault -- you likely have your Home set for Modules, which is the Default.  I recommend creating a Page and setting it to be your Home.

Check out this 3-part blog series I wrote about Home Pages and Modules (and course menu navigation).  I hope you find it helpful for the How and Why 😉