cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the Course Home Page?

How do I change the Course Home Page?

You can change your Course Home Page to reflect one of five layout options: the Recent Activity Dashboard, Pages Front Page, the Course Modules, the Assignment List, or the Syllabus.

Note: You must set a Front Page before selecting the Pages Front Page option. Additionally, only Published pages can be set as the Front Page.

Open Course

Open Course

In Global Navigation, click the Courses link [1], then click the name of the course [2].

Choose Home Page

Choose Home Page

In the Home Page sidebar, click the Choose Home Page button.

Select Home Page Layout

Select Home Page Layout

Click the radio button next to the Home Page layout you prefer.

Set Front Page

Set Front Page

If you want to select a Pages Front Page but the link is grayed out, you must first set a Front Page.

Note: Only Published pages can be set as the Front Page. Make sure the page you want to set as the Front Page is published.

Save Home Page Layout

Save Home Page Layout

Click the Save button.

Comments

I have finished my syllabus. Still not sure shy I can't change my home page and put a picture

@schulmaj it looks like you may be going through the steps of a training course.  You may want to reach out to the training facilitator for further direction.  You've reached the public Canvas Community.

Im finding the course interesting, but the part about designing the main course page a bit confusing

These comments are posted to the global Canvas Community,

NOT your Canvas course.

• Have a question about using Canvas? Visit the Q&A page.
  • Have an idea to improve Canvas? Visit the Idea Conversations space.
  • Need to reply to a course discussion? Log in to your Canvas course and add your comment there (Tip: Visit your school's website to log in to Canvas).
Version history
Revision #:
6 of 6
Last update:
‎09-10-2020 08:28 AM
Updated by: