How Can I Turn The Emoji Menu Button OFF?

Jump to solution
DeletedUser
Not applicable
Please help me out.

This ridiculous emoji button appeared in our assignment comment threads recently, and it's SERIOUSLY getting in the way of typing basic text. getting in the way of typing basic text.

How can I get rid of this? I can't believe that they put this right in the typing field. Idiots.

CanvasEmojiShit.jpg

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello Anonymous and @William-27 ...

First...  Anonymous, please be sure that you are following the What are the Instructure Community guidelines? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com) document.  Specifically, please look at the section on "Be cool".

Next, regarding the emojis, that option is something that has been turned on by your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning team.  It may have been turned on for all courses at your school, or you may have been given the option to turn it on per course.  You would need to inquire about this with folks at your school...as we here in the Community wouldn't have that information available to us.

I hope this information will be of help to you.  Good luck in your conversations with your school's Canvas admin team.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StevenMeier
Community Member

To address this issue, I needed to consult my Tech Support personnel at the University of Idaho.  By the way, they are great.

You first need to be in the course (Critical step)

On the bottom left, click on Settings

Click on feature options.  That will open a drop down menu.

Click on Emojis in Submission Comments. Turn it off and you will be all set.

It worked for me.

Good luck to everyone working in this platform.

View solution in original post