cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpurzycki
Community Participant

How can I do this on a "Content" Page?

How can I do this in my canvas pages?  I can't seem to find this anywhere?  I would love to have this type of organization on my Canvas pages.

Thanks

Headers within Content pages

Tags (1)
9 Replies
rpsimon
Community Contributor

Hi  @mpurzycki , are you trying to get a free account or are you looking for a sandbox course?  Or are you looking for a sandbox course (mock course that you can play with) that teaches you how to use Canvas?  If you are looking for a Canvas that teaches you how to use Canvas, I would recommend that you visit the Canvas Commons.  Are you familiar with that?  It's a repository full of great content for Canvas, including but not limited to: courses, modules, quizzes, discussions, pages, assignments, etc.  You can access the Canvas Commons directly through your Canvas instance.

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16744-what-is-canvas-commons 

Please feel free to reply if you have any additional questions.

mpurzycki
Community Participant

Hi Rebecca,

I work for PCSD, so this would be in my Canvas courses through the district.  One of my friends set up her Canvas class like this with the colored section headers and I would like to do this with the headers:

Objective:

In Class:

Homework:

Thanks, sorry about the confusion, I just screen shot one of her pages, she actually has multiple pages but with different text in the color box.

mpurzycki
Community Participant

Here is another exampleheaders within Content pages 2

rpsimon
Community Contributor

Ok, so you are looking for content headers.  Got it.  Something like this?  I actually found this on the Canvas Commons.

353069_pastedImage_1.png

mpurzycki
Community Participant

Yes something like this. I would also like to be able to change the text in each of the Purpose/Task lines as well as the colors (so each of my classes would have a different color scheme-since I quite often have students in two of my courses at the same time. Yes content headers.

Thanks

rpsimon
Community Contributor

I personally haven't done it, so I can't share my experience with you unfortunately.  I would recommend you take a few minutes and look at the content in the Canvas Commons that's already there and find something that appeals to you.  Then go ahead and import it and play around with it and modify it to meet your needs.  Hope this helps.

mpurzycki
Community Participant

I just found it in a video, thanks it is part of table properties, and advanced properties with Hex codes.....life changing....

Mary Sue

rpsimon
Community Contributor

Thanks for letting me know! Smiley Happy If you want, please share the link to the

video.....when I have nothing to do, I can take a look at it. I can't tell

you anything about Hex codes - I'm not a programmer. LOL

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 5:40 PM mpurzycki@pcschools.us <

mpurzycki
Community Participant

Sorry, went down a different rabbit hole, here is the video....it is quite a few minutes in where she explains how to do this:

From Blah to Aha! Canvas Headers with Impact