Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilyhargrove

How can I prevent YouTube link from embedding?

Jump to solution

I have a table with images (buttons) on a page. I can easily link videos to the button if they are not from YouTube, but if I try to link a YouTube page to an image as a button, it automatically embeds the video below the button. How can I prevent that from happening? One link is not YouTube and the other 3 are, so if I can't remove the embedding of the YouTube it throws off the continuity of the resources.

Please help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

@emilyhargrove  

If you are using the New Rich Content Editor, then it is a known deficiency that Canvas product managers have said will be addressed (they did not give a timeline).

In the meantime, this post explains how to disable inline previews with both versions of the Rich Content Editor: /blogs/greg/2020/05/13/inline-previews-in-the-rich-content-editor-old-and-new 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
James
Community Champion

@emilyhargrove  

If you are using the New Rich Content Editor, then it is a known deficiency that Canvas product managers have said will be addressed (they did not give a timeline).

In the meantime, this post explains how to disable inline previews with both versions of the Rich Content Editor: /blogs/greg/2020/05/13/inline-previews-in-the-rich-content-editor-old-and-new 

0 Kudos

Hello

I tried to link to the "post explains how to disable inline previews" and appears to be broken? 

Regards

Tags (1)

It seems to have moved here. The short version is to switch to HTML view and add class="inline_disabled" to the link, like so:

<a class="inline_disabled" href="https://www.youtube.com/...">Text about the youtube link</a>