Jump to solution
rruderman800
Community Member

How do I show a dvd on canvas or show a powerpoint lecture

1 Solution
jennifernichols
Community Participant

Rita,

Hopefully I have answered your questions below...

If the film is available on YouTube, then I would suggest starting with the How do I link to a YouTube video in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor? by the  @jivedocs_unfede . If not, then you can record your film using a screencasting program on your PC or Mac; just be sure to check the copyright information first. I would suggest using ScreenCastify or ScreenCast-O-Matic to do the screencasting. Then you can upload the video directly to your Canvas course by following the directions here How do I upload a video using the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?

In terms of your PowerPoint, you can do the same and screencast. I use Screen-Cast-O-Matic to Record myself presenting my Google Slides for my students--you can even have your face embedded so they are 100% sure it is you! Then you can import your video using the directions above OR you can get super fancy and import your video into EdPuzzle or Canvas Studio if you have access. This will allow you to embed questions to formatively assess your students as they progress through the video. Here is some helpful information for integrating #edpuzzle videos with Canvas. 

Be sure to let us know if you continue to have questions, we are here to help. All the best!

View solution in original post