How can I view files that I attached to my "assignment comments" in SpeedGrader?

Jump to solution
ArneHenningsen
Community Member

When I attach a file (e.g., a PDF file) to my "assignment comments" in SpeedGrader, it seems that my students can see these files but I cannot see them (e.g., if I want to check if I have attached the correct file or if I want to see the comments that I gave my students some time ago). If I click at "Download submission comments", I can see the text of my "assignment comment" but not the attached file 😞

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @ArneHenningsen ...

I did some testing in my own sandbox course, and I also used the instructions outlined in: How do I download submission comments as a PDF in ... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  I got the same results as you did.  I had added a *.docx (Word document) as an assignment comment, but that file did not download when I clicked on the "Download Submission Comments" link.  My guess is that this is "by design"...meaning that only the actual comments will download to a PDF file...not any attached files that were part of the comments.  Technically, I guess you could say that files are not comments...even though you may have included feedback within your attached file.

Since the Guide I linked to above doesn't indicate that attachments are not included with the "Download Submission Comments" link, this would be an opportunity for you to do the following:

I hope this will be of some help to you...even though it might not be the answer you were looking for.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post