How do I add students to a course without students' acceptation?

Jump to solution
kunikotakahashi
Community Participant

Every time I add students or teachers into a Course, there's an invitation displayed on the Dashboard of them. And if they do not accept this invitation, their status will still be pending and they can't enter this course, either. If they cancel the invitation, they will be delete from the pending member list. I'm thinking it will be a trouble if students/teachers clicked the cancel button uncarefully.

So, I'm wondering if there's a feature which can automatically accept the invitation, or can directly add students/teachers without their acceptation?

They need to click accept one by one every semester, which is also very troublesome for them.

Does anyone know if there's a feature in Canvas?

Thank you very much!!

1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @kunikotakahashi 

If you add the student to the course by going to People > +People, then they will need to accept the invitation.

However, if you have administrator access (which I am guessing that you do, based on previous posts), then there are other ways to add students to a course.  The most commonly used method is SIS Import, which lets you create courses, users, and enrollments by uploading .csv feed files.  When you enroll students that way, they are automatically enrolled without accepting an invitation from Canvas.  

For more information about SIS Imports, see https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-import-SIS-data-to-a-Canvas-account/ta-p/98 

View solution in original post