How do I get Canvas to keep the top x scores in a category, rather than dropping the bottom x scores?

ChrisGrant
Community Novice

I think the title says it all. I want to keep the top 6 scores in a category of assignments, but that option isn't available. The only option I'm given is to drop a certain number of the lowest scores.

Basically, in this category of assignments, I set a number of different assignments to work on of which the students choose six to complete. I set the gradebook to assign missing assignments a zero, but this of course doesn't apply until the assignment due date is passed. So to keep the score accurate for the student, I have to go in constantly and reset the rule so that a different number of low scores are dropped each time a due date passes. 

I saw a post where someone asked about this about 8 years ago and I'm surprised no one at Canvas has made this very simple change yet - it would be so much more user-friendly. If anyone knows of a way to make this work, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know - and if you don't, please reply or upvote here so that the Canvas people see it's a change that should be made. I can't imagine it's difficult for the coders to do!

Labels (2)
0 Likes