Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NunoDuarte

How do I get an "Imported Assignments" folder for an individual trimester, if possible?

Jump to solution

I often copy assignments from one class to another and they end up in the "Imported Assignments" folder which was not a big deal at the beginning of the school year because I always had the assignments from "All Grading Periods" showing. But now I only have the assignments from "Trimester 2" showing and there is no "Imported Assignments" folder there. How do I get an "Imported Assignments" folder for an individual trimester, if possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joshua_lebo
Instructure
Instructure

When you are using the grading period filters on the Assignments page in Canvas, only assignment groups which have at least one assignment with a due date in the grading period selected will show. If you add an assignment with a due date in "Trimester 2" to the "Imported Assignments" group or edit one of the assignments in the group so that its due date falls in the "Trimester 2" grading period then the "Imported Assignments" group should show when filtering the Assignments page to "Trimester 2".

View solution in original post

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @NunoDuarte ...

The "Imported Assignments" assignment group on your "Assignments" index page (which I think is where you are seeing this) only would show up if you are importing assignments from one course to another using the Course Import Tool.

If you already had all your assignments in the course, and you really wanted to have an assignment group called "Imported Assignments", then you would have to create that assignment group manually...as the only way I know that Canvas would do this for you automatically is via the Course Import Tool.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Please let members of the Community know if we can be of further help.  Thanks!

Thank you for your response. I understand that the "Imported Assignments" only shows up when I am importing assignments from one course to another, but it only shows up when I have "All Grading Periods" selected. I wanted to be able to see the "Imported Assignments" when I select Trimester 2.

I've also tried the suggestion of just creating a new group called "Imported Assignments" but doing so does not give me a folder where all the imported assignments will automatically end up in.

Looks like I might just be stuck switching back and forth between "All grading periods" and "Trimester 2".

Once you attach dates to those imported assignments, do they appear in the correct Trimester? I wonder if bulk-adjusting the dates would help you, even if they remain unpublished for students.

How do I adjust events and due dates in a course import? 

How do I bulk update due dates and availability dates as an instructor? 

joshua_lebo
Instructure
Instructure

When you are using the grading period filters on the Assignments page in Canvas, only assignment groups which have at least one assignment with a due date in the grading period selected will show. If you add an assignment with a due date in "Trimester 2" to the "Imported Assignments" group or edit one of the assignments in the group so that its due date falls in the "Trimester 2" grading period then the "Imported Assignments" group should show when filtering the Assignments page to "Trimester 2".

NunoDuarte

Thank you very much!! This is the exact solution I was looking for. I was able to create a dummy assignment, import it into all my Canvas classes, and give a due date during the current trimester so that the "Imported Assignments" group stays visible in my Trimester 2 assignments.