How do I globally add points to an exam score (not a quiz)

Jump to solution
elekes_8
Community Novice

Is it possible to add points to every student's score on an exam? I only see information about quizzes that are set up in Canvas. I do not see any options for manually entered exam scores.  For example, if there was an error in the key or a question, and I want to add points to every student, it would be much faster in a large enrollment course to add the same number of points to every student instead of changing each students grade individually. This is my first semester using Canvas and so far my experience is that Speed grader is not set up for effective or speedy grading in a large enrollment classroom.

3 Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Right now what you indicated, download to excel to add the points and then re-upload, is probably the best/easiest way for large classes.

Yet, I checked and the Canvas Studio: Gradebook Enhancements shows that it should include the ability to perform bulk grade adjustments - so adding a few points to everyone who submitted the assignment. My recommendation is to comment on this and follow it so you'll be alerted to any updates.

View solution in original post

rgoneal
Community Novice

This should be FAR simpler and I agree the curve option is complicated and ridiculous.  I wish canvas had more interest in this simple yet necessary request.

tcrump
Community Explorer

I absolutely agree with this and it has been requested numerous times. A method like this of applying a linear curve, instead of the current curve function which provides a predetermined distribution, is much more conducive to the contemporary student population because no one is penalized and everyone receives an equal increase. I believe instructors nowadays are much more attuned to the possibility that they may have included an unfair, poorly worded, or unaddressed question on a quiz, than ascribing to the antiquated theory that their student scores shall reflect a fixed distribution.