How do I know how to pace myself during the online courses?

Jump to solution
cdevente
Community Novice

I'm used to a classroom setting where a teacher leads a discussion and then assigns homework, so I'm a bit shaky on how the online learning works. I've done the onboarding modules and I feel pretty confident in the system itself, but how do I know how much to read/do each week? I know assignments are posted in the syllabus; does that include things like what to read each week? Is the entire course posted at once- could I feasibly click through the entire course and end up way ahead of everyone? I'm just unclear on the pacing of online learning and how to make sure I'm on the same lesson as the rest of the class.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @cdevente ...

These are some excellent questions you are asking.  As you can imagine, you might get a variety of responses to your questions.  However, IMHO, it would be best to talk with your instructor(s) about your questions.  You've posted your question in the global Canvas Community website (which now has over 760,000 members world-wide).  So, we wouldn't be able to answer specific questions about the course(s) you are taking since we do not have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question.  Your instructor(s) would be able to give you an idea of how much time you should be spending per day/week on your online coursework.  There's sometimes a misconception that online is easier...and often that is not the case.  Again, your instructor(s) would be able to give you more information on this.  You might also check the course Syllabus of each course to see if there is any information that would give you more direction.  You can contact your instructor(s) by following the steps in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Cate.  Sing out if you have any related questions.  Take care...stay safe...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes