How do I open Rich Content Editor or Canvas Studio?

Jump to solution
LisaPShaw
Community Member

I do not see any place to select rich content editor or Canvas Studio in Announcements or Assignments on my Canvas page. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@LisaPShaw ...

The Rich Content Editor (RCE) is available in most areas of Canvas where you can edit content...such as Pages, Assignments, and Discussions.

Rich Content Editor (All Users)

Canvas Studio is different.  Studio is a paid add-on product from Instructure (the same folks that make Canvas).  If your school has purchased Studio, you would see a "Studio" button along the far left-hand side of your Canvas global navigation menu (usually below your "Inbox" and "History" icons).  If you look under the heading "Canvas Global Navigation Menu" in this Guide, How do I access Canvas Studio? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com), you will see an example of what the "Studio" icon looks like.  If you don't have Studio, you might want to start a conversation with your school's Canvas admin or someone from their Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education team to see if purchasing Studio is an option ... or if they have other technologies integrated into Canvas that would be a good alternative.

If you are using the RCE to embed Studio content in your course, you should be able to do this (again, assuming that your school has paid for Studio).  Here is a Guide that you can use for both Announcements and Assignments (since both areas utilize the RCE):

How do I use Canvas Studio through the Rich Conten... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Make sure to take note of items labeled #1 and #3 under the heading "View Studio Icon in Rich Content Editor" ... as there might be more than one place that you'd be able to access Studio.

I hope this information will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes