How do I remove the calendar from student view

Jump to solution
jaltenhofel
Community Member

I want to remove the calendar and "to-do" list. Students are not viewing the modules and course materials which inundates me with unnecessary questions that are answered in the modules. I have them going straight to the modules but the "to-do" list obviates that.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
NoahBoswell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @jaltenhofel ,
Thank you for posting on the Instructure Community.

I understand you want to remove the to-do list from your course. Is this the to-do list that you are referencing the one inside of your Canvas course?

Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no way to remove the to-do list from your Canvas course. While your canvas admin can always do things, such as creating a javascript file that can change those things around, 99% of the time you can't remove the to-do list from your course for students.

Something I recommend doing, if you want to require your students to move through the modules and not use the to-do list, is first of all adding pre-requisites for your modules, and require your students to move through the modules in order in a sequential way. Something else you can do, and while this isn't available with all resources, some resources, such as pages, you're able to choose whether or not that shows up in your student's to-do list by going into the settings for that specific resource.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction, and I'm sorry theres currently not a way, at least an easy one, to remove the to-do list from your course.

Please always feel free to reach out with any more questions or concerns, we're here to help!

Best,
Noah

View solution in original post

0 Likes