How do I save a page from a course in order to use it again?

Jump to solution
kristenandangel
Community Member

I would like to save a specific page from a current Canvas shell to use again in future courses. How can I save this page (or these pages) in some kind of repository or file?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kristenandangel ...

Hi there.  You probably have a handful of options available to you...depending on how your school's Canvas admin team has things configured and the policies/procedures they have in place.

• You might be able to access previous courses from older semester/terms in Canvas for an extended period of time.  In this case, nothing has been deleted from your old courses.  You'd be able to use the Course Import Tool to select specific content from an old course and import it into a current course.  How do I select specific content as part of a course import?
  • Another option for you... do you have access to a "sandbox" course?  If not, talk with your school's Canvas administrator or someone from their Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning team, and they might have more information for you on this.  You could copy the content from the old course into your "sandbox" course to keep a copy of those items you want to hang on to.  Then, you could import those items from your "sandbox" course into your current course.

For both of the above options, you'd want to be logged into your current course and then use the link I've provided to select either the past course or your "sandbox" course ... as that is where you'll be selecting where the content currently lives.

• Yet a third option for you would be to share content privately (with yourself) in Canvas Commons.  This could be a single page, for example, that you wanted to share into Commons.  Then, when you are ready, you can import that page from Canvas Commons into your current course.  This process takes a few more steps than the first option I've provided, but it is certainly a workable solution.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes