cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bernhard_lohkam
Community Participant

How to add course card image from existing files

Jump to solution

I have copied course content from a previous course and like to add the image for the course card which already exists in the new Canvas course files. How can I do this easily rather than having to download the in Canvas existing image to then upload it again?!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @bernhard_lohkam 

The image should have come along with a full course-copy and already display in the Course Card on the dashboard. So it is likely that you only copied selected items in your course copy. You could simply perform another course-copy, and this time just select "Settings" as the content to be copied.

Kelley

:

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @bernhard_lohkam 

The image should have come along with a full course-copy and already display in the Course Card on the dashboard. So it is likely that you only copied selected items in your course copy. You could simply perform another course-copy, and this time just select "Settings" as the content to be copied.

Kelley

:

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

... seems my reply disappeared.

Yes, I only copied some parts of the old course (excl. Settings; since university creates the Canvas room) so the image wasnt included. Besides this I may want to use another image anyway which is already in the course. Either way, this is very inflexible and odd to have only the option to upload an image, use Unsplash or copy settings whole course. Why not use image from course?! Now that things are running I dont want to copy Settings as not to mess things up (how about an option to only copy parts of the Settings?).

Thanks,

Bernhard

0 Kudos