How to adjust, delete, or weight student scores

Jump to solution
christopher_st4
Community Novice

Is there a feature that would allow me, for each individual student, to drop the lowest four of their 24 homework scores and the lowest two of their four exam scores before calculating their term total score, and also to give weightings to those new totals for each category?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @christopher_st4  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It sounds like you would want to create a couple Assignment Groups for your assignments...one for the Homework and one for the Exams.  You can learn more about how to create Assignment Groups using this link: How do I add an assignment group in a course?  Next, you'll want to move your assignments to their proper Assignment Groups: How do I move or reorder an assignment?.  Then, as far as dropping scores is concerned, you can use this Guide: How do I create rules for an assignment group?  Finally, weighting each of these Assignment Groups can be found in this Guide: How do I weight the final course grade based on assignment groups?.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Christopher.  Please let us know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes