How to apply the Multiplicator or Offset options in a Quizz?

Jump to solution
IsmaelDabo
Community Member

Dear All,

Can you tell me if there is a way to address the marks of a Quiz in the Gradebook and apply an Offset or Multiplicator option? 

I will give a bit of a context/scenario:

If I set up a quiz (or new quiz) with 4 questions with 20 marks for each but the students are only required to answer 3 (giving them a choice to answer the questions they prefer), Canvas still address the total of points as an 80 marks' total instead of 60 marks. Even if I set the quiz with 60 marks in the Settings, Canvas will still sum it up over 4 questions and not over the 3 questions required. Other VLEs such as Moodle have the Multiplicator and an Offset feature in the Gradebook to allow the results to be accurate and reflect the students' final scores.

I know of the Fudge points' option to add or remove marks but the setup is a laborious process and not feasible if you have a massive cohort of students.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to proceed? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@IsmaelDabo -

I understand what you want to do.  I do not know of anyway in New or classic quizzes to do what you want.  I had a weird idea, but I tried it out in new quizzes and it did not work.

I believe you are going to be out of luck with the current configuration of the Canvas Quiz engines.

View solution in original post