How to avoid posting SOME grades and comments whilst being investigated for plagiarism

Jump to solution
seashells
Community Member

Hi there, 

I want to post grades and comments for the majority of my students for an assessment.

There are a number of students who are being investigated for collusion or plagiarism, but have had marks and comments submitted by markers. How do I avoid releasing grades and comments for these individuals? I can temporarily remove the grade for these students, post marks for graded students, but they will still see comments. Is there a way?

Many thanks,

Michelle

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

@seashells 

Michelle -

I think I saw that when I scanned through the article, and it somewhat registered with me. 

I figured you were looking for the option you mentioned.  It sounds like what you want is not possible - 

Or here is a suggestion- probably not that great, but create another assignment and copy the scores for the good students to it and post that assignment - the students see the scores and not the comments.  However, there may be a way to copy the comments over (something in the back of mind seems to recall seeing something about it - although it could be someone asking about the ability to copy the comments).

Good Luck

right after posting, I saw this post : https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Unmute-individual-student-s-mark/m-p/515121... 

Evidently you are not alone on this matter - the post has links to feature request ideas that can be voted on

View solution in original post