How to email instructor through canvas?

Jump to solution
AsiaChristison
Community Member

I have an assignment due that says I need to email my instructor using canvas. Please let me know how to do this. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @AsiaChristison ...

There are a couple different ways you can message (not the same as e-mail) your instructor via Canvas.

As I mentioned, messaging via the Canvas Inbox is not the same as e-mail.  For example, you cannot use the Inbox to e-mail your friends and family that are not taking the same course(s) that you are at your school.  In addition, those friends and family members cannot send you e-mail that you'd receive via the Canvas Inbox.

However, all users can set up their individual "Notifications" so that they can choose to get notified about certain things within Canvas via e-mail.  This is done through your "Account" >> "Notifications" screen in Canvas...where you can set up notifications for your entire Canvas account and for each course that you are taking within the Canvas LMS (Learning Management System).

I hope this will be helpful to you.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post