Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzanneGollery

How to embed an image directly in a module

Jump to solution

I want to have an image at the top of a Canvas module that my students see as they view the module on the home page.  When looking for help on embedding images, I am guided to using the Rich Text editor, but I don't see how to open the rich text editor for a module.  I can embed images in pages, assignments, etc, but cannot figure out how to do it in a module without access to the Rich Text editor.  Please let me know if this is possible and how to do it if it is possible.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

@SuzanneGollery There is not a way to create module images like you are wanting.  You can put an image somewhere (such as a page) that links to module but the module itself can't have an image on it or for it.  You can currently only have a text title but can include emojis in the text from places like https://emojipedia.org/.

-Nick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nwilson7
Community Champion

@SuzanneGollery There is not a way to create module images like you are wanting.  You can put an image somewhere (such as a page) that links to module but the module itself can't have an image on it or for it.  You can currently only have a text title but can include emojis in the text from places like https://emojipedia.org/.

-Nick

michelli
Community Member

@SuzanneGollery I wondered about this, too, a while ago - wanted the images to make the units easily scannable.

I couldn't put in any image I liked - it had to be an already published emoji, and the choices there are limited in suitability. Basically, when you create the module, or a text header, or an assignment or page of any kind, you can put one of these emojis into its title - I've bookmarked the troves online for speedier reference.

1. Go to, for example, Miscellaneous Symbols — ✔️ ❤️ ★ Unicode® Character Table 
    and this is useful too: Table of Unicode spaces - then paste from UT (this lets you separate the emoji further from the text, which I like)
  2. Choose your emoji(s) and click the "copy" link
  3. Return to your module, text header, whatever, and past them in, one at a time
  4. Save the module, text header, whatever.
  5. Done

Attached to this post is a screenshot of how one of my course home pages looks (I choose different but neutral emojis for each so I see where I am more easily)

Hope this helps