How to export master list of ALL users from an Account level

BrennaBateman
Community Member

Hello awesome Canvas community!

Our school has used Canvas as an LMS for many many years, and the position of Canvas Admin has be re-delegated several times during that period. We have noticed that there are many old users that still show up in the system, but have not used Canvas in a very long time. Scenarios include:

• Users that were manually removed from all courses, but were never "deactivated"
  • Users that were "deactivated" but still show up under course rosters/lists (as inactive)

We are trying now to remove these students from our system entirely, but I cannot seem to find a way to generate a report for ALL users in the entire system from an Account Level (not just from each individual course). I did manage to generate reports for Last Enrollment Activity, Last User Access, and even tried going to [course] > New Analytics > Roster > Export, but that is very ineffective when we have hundreds of students across 12+ courses that need to be removed.

Is there a method to export this data from the Account level? We are looking for:

• Student Name
  • Student Email Address
  • Last User Login
  • User Role (we'd like to be able to separate students from instructors, if possible)

The attached screenshot is the Reports section that I am currently seeing as our Account Admin. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Going through 6+ years of data without this option is overwhelming, to say the least. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes