Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix Canvas when the dashboard icons are huge?

Jump to solution

HugeDashboardIcons

I'm using chrome and even tried on internet explorer to see if it was just a chrome issue or not, but this issue is showing up on both the different browsers. I've tried a couple different things that were listed here to try and fix the issue but nothing seemed to work. Are there any other things I could try to get Canvas to work??

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, 5002577081...

You might want to check out this blog post from my friend,  @stuart_ryan ‌ ... What to do when Canvas looks 'big' or 'zoomed in'!  He has a great write-up with some possible solutions to get things fixed on your end.  I hope it will help!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sworrell

OK, I assume you tried the most basic web browser zoom shortcut keys (Mac- Command + or -). Another idea that I have experienced at school is a internet filter setting on our school network that caused something similar to this that I had to get network admin to tweak.  Do you have this problem at home and at work?

0 Kudos
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, 5002577081...

You might want to check out this blog post from my friend,  @stuart_ryan ‌ ... What to do when Canvas looks 'big' or 'zoomed in'!  He has a great write-up with some possible solutions to get things fixed on your end.  I hope it will help!

This is a broken link. Only goes to a page that says "Page not found". This issue is not solved and your broken link was not helpful. Anyone with real solutions to this issue?

0 Kudos

@RochelleThomas1 ...

The link in question pointed to the old Canvas Community website.  In August 2020, Instructure transitioned to a new Community website, and so many URLs changed.  Some pages re-direct to the proper pages here in the current Community site, but you happened to find one that did not re-direct properly.  The correct link can be found at What to do when Canvas looks 'big' or 'zoomed in'!.

Hope this helps a bit!

0 Kudos
rob619

My son has this problem in every browser and only on his computer.  I have 3 other computers that are fine.  I've cleared browser cache on all browsers and have followed all other recommendations I have read on this forum.  Has anyone found a solution to this? 

0 Kudos
Really want this to be fixed. It's been over a year now.
0 Kudos