How to hide due dates from students on UNpublished modules?

tcrump
Community Explorer

How can I hide due dates from students on UNpublished modules? 

Sometimes we are assigned or added a course at the last minute as the semester starts and need to quickly copy a course from a previous semester, but due dates don't necessarily line up as they should, so I just publish the first module/chapter or two and make sure those due dates are correct so students can at least get started as I make time to correctly go through every assignment and adjust due dates for the entirety of the course as time permits. However, students are seeing the ENTIRE semester worth of due dates even though I have all the rest of the modules UNpublished. This is causing unneeded panic in some students, and just confusing others. Especially when I sit down to start adjusting dates, they receive notice after notice that due dates have changed.

This is on UNpublished modules.

It also has made me aware to the fact that students have advanced notice of when pop quizzes will arise since they can see the pop quiz due date. 

Why do my students have access to due dates on assignments in modules I have not published and how can I fix this?