How to mark a page as viewed (but not by making it required)

Jump to solution
JenniferMcCabe
Community Novice

How do I turn on the function that shows that a student has viewed a page without making it a prerequisite that they complete those pages? I just want to help a student keep track of which pages they've viewed and which ones they have not yet viewed yet.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

This is easy, and I've set up my all of my Modules this way. 

1. Click on the 3 dots to the right of the Module name, and then select "Edit." 
  2. On the next screen, choose the option "Students must complete all of these requirements." 
  3. However, DON'T mark the box that says "Students must move through these requirements in sequential order." 

Now, the students can complete the work within that Module in any order. They will get "green checkmarks" and you can "View Their Progress."  (I love that feature. As an instructor, you can find it at the top of the Modules page.)

One suggestion: rather than have students "View" Pages, chose "Mark as Done" instead. This requires the student to open the Page and then scroll down and click the box "Mark as Done." My hope is this added step of clicking on "Mark as Done" will lead the students to spend a little more time on the Page. 

View solution in original post