How to restore my students' submissions on my assignnment page

Jump to solution
hoc3
Community Member

Hello, Could you tell me if I would be able to restore my students' video submissions (and my comments and grades) on Canvas?

I deleted my original due date (assigned all) when I added a new due date for students. I should have not done that as I now can't see any submissions from students who submitted on time.....could you help me?

Novice user

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hoc3 , greetings! This is a pretty easy fix! Edit the assignment, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the "+ Add" button. When the new "Assign To" box comes up, add "Everyone," adjust the dates, and save. By doing this, you're adding the rest of the class back to the assignment and their submissions and comments will be restored. The key is that you need all students in your class "Assigned to" the assignment. If they aren't, then you can't see their submissions, comments, grades, etc.

In the future, if you need to adjust the dates for a few students, instead of changing the initial "Assign To" box, leave it as "Everyone," and instead add a box (as indicated above) for the students who need special dates/times.

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post