How to test submit an assignment on canvas

Jump to solution
erica_wagner
Community Participant

I am working out a student assignment for my class's end-of-semester project. It's not published or inside its submission window at this point, so I can't use the student view feature. However, I want to go through the process of submission the way a student would, because I am writing step-by-step instructions for their project.

How can I test the submission process without using the student view function, which states I can't submit (because the assignment isn't published or live at this point to students)?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Erica,

How about just pointing students to the Canvas guide for students such as this one? https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9539-421241972 Or you should be able to look through that guide and get the step by step instructions.  

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Thanks! Believe me I do, but if I made a brain fart kind of mistake creating an assignment, or if there is a random glitch that makes some student's submission not work even though they did everything correctly, I want to be able to figure that out. Also, when entering file formats acceptable for upload, I have to type them from scratch, and I can easily screw up a file extension in the acceptable submissions box. I want to check whether or not a google slides or a power point or whatever will actually be accepted based on what I typed there before I get the frantic e-mails from students who couldn't get it to work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes