How to upload a video from my iPhone to an assignment?

Jump to solution
LetitiaMayfield
Community Member

I have created my video for my assignment with my iPhone however, I have compressed the file and it is still to large for me to submit. It has to be 10 minutes long. What do  I need to do to submit my assignment?

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi!

This is a great question! As a teacher, I often make sure that students have a few choices on how to upload a file (especially the big ones).

I always have File Uploads and URL submission enabled. The URL submission is really nice because students can elect to share a link to Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. Alternatively, they could share a URL to an unpublished YouTube or Vimeo video.

With File Uploads, it can definitely take a while to get into Canvas. Before starting, double-check the file format so it's accepted.

What Submission Types are allowed? If you only see File Upload, it may be worthwhile asking your instructor to consider a URL option too. They may have a good reason they can share with you if they opted for "no", but oftentimes, the conversation about offering different submission options can be very valuable for everyone!

View solution in original post