How to view ALL students grades as an instructor?

Jump to solution
ValerieBelill
Community Member

Is there a way for a online learning mentor to view ALL grades for a student at once. Students have the ability to access a list of their grades in each course on one page. However, as their mentor, I have to visit each course separately to gather that same information. Is there a place I could view all grades at once for students, or could Canvas allow this feature for course instructors/admin in the same way students can view it. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

What you describe, @ValerieBelill, is a timesaver and is something that is possible for users enrolled as Observers. I did a test and made one user an Observer for the same student in two separate classes. When the Observer user goes to their ...instructure.com/grades page, they see the grades for each course for each of their linked students. Embedded is a screenshot for the user Elanor Gamgee, who is an Observer linked to Frodo Baggins in both of Frodo's classes.

Observer's view of their student user's grades in all classes.Observer's view of their student user's grades in all classes.

View solution in original post