How to withdraw the assignment I submitted?

Jump to solution
KailiCui
Community Member

Hi, I want to withdraw the assignment I already submitted. Because I want to change to a new version but can not find this "withdraw" option. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
PaulNagami
Community Contributor

I don't believe this is usually possible! When this happens with my students and there's no "resubmit" option, I recommend that they leave a comment on the submission saying they wish to resubmit, then attach it as a file to the comment. Then they should reach out to me via Inbox. 

Allowing students to delete submissions or withdraw them is not generally done because it removes the record of interactions for doing things like tracking plagiarism, etc.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

I agree the "withdraw" option is not something Canvas has (and as an administrator, that's actually a good thing, for the reasons @PaulNagami outlined).

@KailiCui, while the submission comment idea would likely work, I'd highly recommend that you reach out to your teacher to talk about this. There are many teachers that will not accept anything submitted as a comment, since comments can get around date restrictions, are not checked for plagiarism, etc...  Most teachers will be a little forgiving of an incorrect submission being made, but there are times where you really are allowed only one chance, and it needs to be right.  Your teacher will be able to give you the most accurate info and could let you know their preferred method of resubmission if they allow it.

-Chris

View solution in original post