I don't get an account setting mail

Jump to solution
DeletedUser
Not applicable

I joined this site to use it at school. After signing up for, I needed email authentication to set the password for my account. But I didn't get the email. So I couldn't set the password and couldn't go back into my account. When I pressed Find Password on the login screen, they said they would give me a password setting email again when I enter the email, but I didn't even get that email. Now the account I signed up for is my personal account and I can't use the school account, so I'm in a very difficult situation. Please help me

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffCampbell
Community Coach
Community Coach

A few thoughts came to mind for why no email has been received:

• Check Junk/Spam to see if your email system may have filtered it.
  • Possible typo when creating the account.
  • Your computer is stuck in a time paradox.

Are you trying to register through your institution? If so, you might consider reaching out to your institutions tech support. They may be able to look up your account to determine if your email address had an error. There is also the possibility that they have a unique URL portal to use when accessing your account. Many institutions do this and will post a link somewhere on their site. If my students try to Google Search for Canvas, they get taken to the login page for Free Users. That page will not recognize their account and then not send any emails when requesting support. They have to access it via our district's Canvas portal. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes