ID: Creating a Quiz with Side-by-Side

Jump to solution
JordanGarciaNAU
Community Explorer

Good afternoon, I am an instructional designer. Yesterday I met with a faculty member who wanted to create a Quiz with content such as text or a video being displayed to the sides of the questions.

This way, students could reference the material as they answered the question. Please see the example below for reference as to what I mean.

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 1.46.42 PM.png

Does anyone have any solutions for this issue that this professor is trying to resolve? Thank you very much for your insights.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
ericwhitmer
Community Contributor

Do you have access to use New Quizzes? That will give you the option to create what is called a Stimulus question type. If not, then you will need to copy and paste for every question so that the students can access the materials for the duration of the quiz.

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @JordanGarciaNAU ...

I agree with @ericwhitmer.  To expand upon his response, here is the Guide you'd want to look at if you have access to New Quizzes:

How do I insert stimulus content in New Quizzes? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

You can check with your school's Canvas administrator to see if New Quizzes is available to you or not.

Hope this helps!  Let the Community know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post